Thursday, January 30, 2014

Late to the Party

I said that I would never have a blog. I love to read blogs. Design blogs, soap blogs, cooking blogs, running blogs, family members' and old friends' blogs -- but I am not so sure that blogging is for me. I lack in the writing department. Writing any more than a sentence leaves me a little panic stricken.

In college, seeing a paper assigned on the syllabus would make my stomach turn. I would start my papers weeks ahead of time, otherwise I had no idea how I would be able to fill up the assigned number of pages. On top of that the thought of other people reading what I write is a tad bit embarrassing. My cheeks are a little warm just thinking about it.

But on the encouragement of some and the desire to interact with other soapers, I am going against my better judgement and blogging. Mostly about my soapy projects, maybe about my boys from time to time, perhaps sometimes about other projects around the house, or I guess just whatever strikes my fancy. So, ready or not, here I come late to the blogging party.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog, Melissa! Like you, I also started blogging when I got into soap making. I didn't know what to expect, but all I can say is that I'm really enjoying it and that the soaping community is just awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I couldn't believe someone had commented on my blog. And I was really excited to see it was you. I've been enjoying your blog for a month or so :). I have learned so much more through blogs and forums than I could have learned just by reading books so far. So thank you!!!

      Delete