Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sickness

We've had one sickness after another here lately. First, we all shared a head/chest cold that had us barking like seals. My nose has almost stopped running from that but now we are in the middle of a yucky stomach bug. I can't say that it's horrible because it's really a mild one, but someone in this house has been throwing up just about every other day for the past two weeks. It's just really slow moving and seems to be taking it's time going through the family. Cleaning up after someone's been sick is not my thing, but I really do think somehow it's different when it's your own kids. I have been reading soap blogs, but there hasn't been much time to make soap or blog about making soap. The one good thing is that our grocery shopping is really simple these days. We've pretty much been eating toast, saltines, bananas, and gatorade :).

I did have to share this one. I made it several weeks ago, but never got around to blogging about it. It is scented with White Ginger and Amber, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Somehow the soap batter was too thin when I started to pour, so I didn't think it was going to turn out. I've never had a soap move so slowly, but it was a lot more relaxing and fun then having to stress and hurry hoping that it won't get too thick too fast. The colors aren't very creative, but I do love the pink with the black and white, so I don't mind :). I think the stripes made it so my camera had a really hard time focusing.


Hopefully tonight, barring anybody throwing up, I will get a chance to make a batch. I have a couple scents and new ingredients that I've really been wanting to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment